Community Based Protection AssistantApply for this job
Duty Station:Nakivale, Rwamwanja, Kyaka II and Oruchinga, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Jul 06, 2020 11:55 PM
Number of Positions:4
Age Limit:Not Specified
Reporting to the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning / FRRM Officer, the Community Based Protection Assistant will be responsible for providing support at help desks to receive feedback and complaints; handle the complaints and suggestion boxes allowing POC’s submit written feedback; handle hotlines by providing feedback or complaints without having to move to designated areas or address urgent issues right away and providing referrals right away; participating in coordination meetings, holding one on one conversations with beneficiaries and coordinating receiving of Refugee leader reports.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement effective strategies to ensure enhanced uptake of the interagency feedback and resolution mechanism including but not limited to FRRM, suggestion boxes, protection desk follow ups in the settlements were ALIGHT is working.
- In close coordination with ALIGHT Focal Points and their supervisors, ensure that the referrals (Protection and technical) are managed and responded to in a timely manner.
- Working closely with MEAL/FRRM Officer, conduct training/capacity building to the Focal Points/staff for managing cases and addressing backlogs.
- Ensure effective implementation of the FRRM’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) among the ALIGHT and Sub-contracted staff.
- In close collaboration with the Focal Point Administrator and Meal/FRRM Officer, provide technical guidance to relevant units and staff as required.
- Follow-up on individual cases/referrals with relevant units and partners to ensure that appropriate feedback and resolution is delivered.
- Ensure effective FRRM case tracking systems are implemented within ALIGHT and Sub-contracted partners.
- Ensure that all UNHCR FRRM referrals are regularly updated and closed in the FRRM portal.
- Conduct awareness raising sessions within the community.
- Conduct monthly briefings/meetings with community leaders and the community to keep them abreast of call trends and action taken by ALIGHT and Sub-contracted partners in addressing concerns raised.
Perform any other task requested by the Supervisor.
- FRRM SOP’s and action plans in ALIGHT and Sub-contracted partners in South West Uganda Refugee operation rolled out and implemented.
- FRRM mainstreamed into the work of all ALIGHT and Sub-contracted partners in South West Uganda Refugee operation.
- PoC’s made aware of the FRRM and provided with regular feedback on cases raised in South West Uganda refugee operation.
- Monthly FRRM analytical reports for ALIGHT and Sub-contracted partners in South West Uganda Refugee operation released.
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Adult and Community Education and Development studies.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in working on Protection issues with an INGO
- Strong experience working with vulnerable people including survivors of GBV and victims of child abuse.
- Fluency in Swahili and ability to ride a Motorcycle with a valid license (Class A) is an added advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent command of Excel, Word, Power Point applications, Skype/Microsoft teams.
- Ability to fluently speak English and at least three local languages
Insurance: Group Personal Accident Cover,,Group Life Assurance, Medical