Community Services OfficerApply for this job
Duty Station:Kikuube/Kyangwali, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Oct 02, 2020 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Reporting to the Protection Manager ,the Community Services Officer (CSO) will ensure quality protection outcomes by catalyzing community actions around the PSNs, providing direct support to PSNs, and drawing from synergy with the larger community protection components.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Project development, implementation and reporting:
- Under the supervision of the Protection Manager, contribute to drafting concept papers and proposal development.
- Identify gaps in terms of protection and community services and generate ideas to address them with strong impact for the beneficiaries.
- Participate in PSN profiling and ongoing risks analysis in order to design adequate responses.
- Ensure quality data collection, analysis and storage in line with the Protection Information Management principles.
- Ensure daily implementation of community sub sector activities as planned.
- Ensure a daily monitoring of protection trend in the settlement.
- Make sure that all community services projects adhere to the standards and or principles of the respective thematic areas as well as ALIGHT guidelines and accountability standards.
- Contribute in preparation of monthly and weekly activity and spending plans.
- Proactively contribute to quality and timely implementation of community sub sector activities as planned.
- Contribute in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Spontaneously draft and share flash reports on major protection incidents and risks.
Coordination and representation:
- Develop relationships with a range of key stakeholders, Local Government and other stakeholders on the community services thematic areas at the field level in close liaison with the Protection Team Leader.
- Represent ALIGHT and participate actively in the local Community Services working groups and any other meeting as requested.
- Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, community services gap analysis, advocacy.
- Work closely with the other program components to maximize program output and impact.
Staff development and management:
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the Community Services Assistants, Community Services Case Workers and community based structures within the operational area.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Conduct daily field visits to support Community Service Assistant - mentoring - through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers.
- Uphold ’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
Perform any other duties assigned to you.
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Psychology or any related field.
- At least three years’ experience in Community Services or community development interventions.
- Familiarity with effective community mobilization techniques and social change approaches, such as Raising Voices SASA!, strongly preferred.
- Experience in participatory methods for community education and mobilization.
- Diplomacy and assertiveness; the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- Adhere to ALIGHT’s code of conduct.