Community Services AssistantApply for this job
Duty Station:Kyaka II (2), Nakivale (2), Rwamwanja (2), Kyangwa, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Nov 20, 2020 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:8
Age Limit:Not Specified
Reporting to the Community Services Officer the Community Services Assistant will be responsible for empowering Persons with Special Needs to enhance Quality and healthy life for sustainability development. He / she will also be responsible for community involvement and ownership to enhance sustainability and empowerment of Refugees in the Settlement.
Perform any other duties assigned to you.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure effective and efficient community development participation and ownership as an activity in the Refugee settlement
- Responsible for training and empowering community leaders for self-management.
- Carry out and support all outreach activities in the Refugees settlement such as mobilization, sensitization, counseling etc for Refugee to realize full potentials and build on self-mechanism.
- Responsible for effective and efficient follow up of individual cases of beneficiaries for support
- Conduct community leaders meetings including planning meetings, AGDM Verification and Needs assessment.
- Take the lead in all community mobilization during meetings, sensitizations, campaigns organized by ALIGHT and any IPs in the settlement
- Provide psycho social counseling services to all PoCs in need and provide referrals
- Organize weekly community incentive workers’ meetings to discuss activity progress, lesson learnt and challenges and forge way forward in different zones of the settlement
- Be in charge of organizing, mobilizing and facilitating international events days in the settlement such as Women days, World Refugees days, Youth days, 16 days of activism etc.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports to be submitted to the supervisor.
- Conduct strategic development and empowerment village informational meetings with the RWC leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Community Psychology, Education, Development studies
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in Community Development services with an INGO
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Strong computer skills.
- Abillity to ride a motor cycle
Disclaimer : The positions will be based on availability of funding.
Alight (formerly American Refugee Committee) is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification