Logistics Officer- Distribution StoreApply for this job
Duty Station:Kyaka II/Kyegegwa, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Jan 10, 2021 11:55 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
The Logistics Officer- Distribution Store will be responsible for Proper warehouse management in line with ALIGHT and UNHCR policy requirements, compute and record information, support community service in NFI distribution and reporting, Prepare monthly stores and stock/inventory reports, manage all warehouse related documentation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as distribution reports and stock reports before dissemination
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer for the all the record and information relating to warehouse and stores.
- Compile and disseminate distribution summary reports.
- Record amounts of materials or items received, distributed and returned to the warehouse.
- Compile inventory balances and communicate to program
- Routinely conduct spot checks on the distribution.
- Maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to the stock movements in storehouse.
- Prepare weekly stock in and out stock movement reports for core relief items
- Periodically carry out self-auditing to ensure that correct records are kept, systems and procedures are followed, reporting times are met, etc. by use of designed checklists, stipulated expiry / perishable dates.
- Maintain and update good information/record system for easy reference (copies of all relevant documentation including delivery notes, requisition notes, purchase orders, and shipment, reports, etc.)
- Prepare NFI’s distribution and reconciliation reports at the end of every distribution cycle clearly indicating quantities dispatched, issued to beneficiaries, returns and losses.
- Prepare and submit monthly stock movement reports.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you.
- A minimum of a University degree in Logistics/Procurement /Business Administration or related field.
- 3 years of experience in supply chain management with good understanding of donor and INGO procedures,
- strong organizational skills;
- Computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
Alight (formerly American Refugee Committee) is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.: Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
\"By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics.\"